Saturday, July 12, 2008

Rising Water, plien air painting

"Rising Water"
8 x 10 inches
Acrylic on canvas board
(canvas mounted on hardboard)
Ready to frame

This is a painting I did on location last July. I have reworked it a little because it had always bothered me. I have toned it down some and added an egret and an alligator. The alligators are often hard to see, so I hid him at the lower right. (Click on the image for zoom.)


This painting is at Lake Okeechobee. Our lake is up to an average of ten feet now. Still very low. almost two years now it has been so low.

There is a teenage boy that was attacked by an alligator here at Nubbin's Slough last month. Why he was in the water swimming at night in this area is beyond me. You can see large alligators that live here at any given time. They wait by the lock where the water flows into the lake and feed on anything that comes through.


Thanks for looking!

Click here for more original art and to see my gallery pages!


Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created. 

Click here for customer feed-back to see what others say about my work!

No comments: