Monday, July 28, 2008

Sun Up, Palette knife painting

"Sun Up"
8 x 10 inches
Acrylic on hardboard
ready to frame

I made this up as I went along, which is a little harder than using reference photos. Forces me to follow my instincts.
I have been very interested in the rough, thick paint of palette knife painting lately. I did this one alla prima, all in one session, which has made my shoulder sore! But the way the wet-in-wet paint acts is so different than working over dry. I may have to invest in oils and give it a try! Acrylics dry quickly, so I have to work in high gear. It is fun though.
Thanks for looking!

Click here for more original art and to see my gallery pages!

Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created. 


No comments: