Monday, January 12, 2009

Violets 2, sunlit flowers

"Violets 2"
8 x 10 inches
Acrylic on canvas

NOT AVAILABLE

Here is new version of the same violets. The sun was coming through the leaves and making some very cool colors! I was very interested in the warm and cool contrasts, and the petals of the violets that seemed to repeat the the patterns in the leaves.
I worked on this painting 2 -3 hours at a time, 2 sittings, yesterday and today. It has thick paint and an impressionistic style, which really emphasised the sun's glow.

Enjoy!

Click here for more original art and to see my gallery pages!

Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created. 

Click here for customer feed-back to see what others say about my work!

No comments: