Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Morning Splash, beach, seascape, watercolor

 

"Morning Splash"

I painted three of these (three tries), each a little different. (See below for how I tried to fix the sand on the first one.)  I was practicing different ideas for the sand and ended up liking the use of a tooth brush over a fan brush because the grain of the sand turned out smaller and a little easier to control. 

Watercolors are a little more difficult for me because mistakes are harder to correct.  With acrylics, I can paint over things and change my mind as often as I want.  I usually start over with watercolors if it does not capture my intended effect.  In this series, I did salvage the two that I was not as happy with, and I ended up with three nice paintings.  The one featured below has a little more depth with the extra sand dune.

Watercolor on acid-free paper

11 x 14 (including the mat)

Ready to frame (should be framed behind glass)

$175.00 (free shipping in the US)

Please email me at: fawn@fawnsartstudio.com for availability, thank you!


A note about framing: Artwork on paper should be framed behind glass with a mat around it to keep it off of the glass and protect it.  This includes photographs and prints on paper.  Those on canvas or wood should not be framed behind glass.  Original oils and acrylics are usually done on canvas or wood and need to breathe.  If artwork or photograph is done on paper or mat board it should be framed behind glass with a mat to keep the image off of the glass. (Glass can trap moisture and ruin the image.) 

Thanks for stopping by!

Click here to see more

"Morning Treasure"

watercolor

11 x 14inches (including mat)


Email me at: fawn@fawnsartstudio.com for more information.

No comments: