Thursday, February 17, 2022

Beach Pines, seascape, cardinals, knife painting


 "Beach Pines"

With COVID came a few unfinished lesson plans.  This painting started as a fall scene with deciduous trees.  After it sat in storage partly painted (due to closing the gallery),  I went back over it and exaggerated the beach.  It took over from there! No resistance from me either.  I got carried away with adding larger tree trunks, bark, and pine needles (all created with a knife), which added interesting contrasts to the smooth brushwork in the sky.  The male and female cardinals were an afterthought because I wanted to add some brighter color back into the composition - which led to the dead needles to give it color balance.

Acrylic on canvas
Knife painting
11 x 14 inches 
Ready to frame
SOLD


Please email me at: fawn@fawnsartstudio.com for information about having something similar created in a size you prefer.



No comments: