Sunday, August 07, 2022

Hope written in sand, wall art, cheeseboard



"Hope"

Cleaned, sanded, and primed this cheeseboard before writing the letters on it. I painted over the straight vertical letters I had previously drawn on it, not just once, but three times.  Could not get the water and waves to make sense with the letters.  Each time, I painted sand over the letters and tried again. 

Frustrated, and tired from painting late at night, I gave up and prayed about it as I went to bed:
"Lord, can you help with this? How can I get the letters to tie in better with the sand?"
As I closed my eyes, it all came to me in clear images.  (This is not the first time I have seen the answer to a painting I am struggling with after I stop to ask for help.) You would think I would learn to ask first!

I fell asleep at peace with it. The next morning I couldn't wait to get started!  It is obvious now - people don't write in the sand vertical along the shoreline! So I turned it and tried to get some perspective, which is what I saw in my mind after I prayed about it.  This is the first time I tried to make the letters look like they are carved in the sand, which is another aspect I believe Father God showed me. 

This became quite interesting to learn to do, and I am so excited that it worked! I have a few more in progress and I am getting the hang of making the illusion of letters written in the sand.  I love the extra detail and the way it looks like the wood has been carved!

ENJOY!
  • Exclusive, original art
  • Acrylic on a cheeseboard
  • 14 x 4.5 inches
  • Sides and back are painted and sealed with professional materials
  • For decoration only
  • SOLD



 

No comments: