Monday, November 21, 2022

Christmas Pearls, mixed media painted tree

"Christmas Pearls"

How do you find just the right little jewel?  I actually go on treasure hunts at different thrift stores and department stores for the right pieces! I couldn't find a string of pearls the right size, so I had to carefully place each pearl to create the rows. Then I chose different charms, beads, and earrings for the ornaments. 

I laid it all out before adhering everything to the painted tree. Changed my mind a few hundred times! Or so it seems.  I used Liquitex matte gel medium to secure it all one piece at a time.  (No hot glue). 

This tree is smaller than  "Christmas Hope".  It has a similar feel to it with the background snow and glitter paint setting off the jewelry. 

  • Exclusive art 
  • Original mixed media on wood
  • 6 x 12 inches
  • Professional Materials
  • Sealed
  • $190.00 (Free shipping in US)

  • Email me for availability: fawn@fawnsartstudio.com

    Click here to see more 




     

    No comments: