Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Snack Bar, egret, heron, wildlife art by Fawn

"The Snack Bar"
5 x 7 inches
Acrylic on hardboard
SOLD

Some people call the great egret a 'great white egret,' and some people call the blue heron a 'great blue heron.' Either way they are very large birds and very common around here. They are close to four feet tall, and have a massive wing span. I take pictures of them often and love to include them in my paintings.
This painting was done alla prima, which means I did it all at once. I love the using thick paint with fast applications. That gives it that wet in wet look, which in acrylics is harder to achieve than in oils.

Click here to see my gallery pages!

Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created. 


Click here to see what others say about my work!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...