Monday, January 07, 2008

Spirit Horses, Uncle Sean, Mountain Man, by Fawn McNeill

"Spirit Horses"
(Uncle Sean)
18 x 24 inches
Acrylic on canvas
$1,200.00

This is one I just made up for fun. I have been working on it for three days. It is completely from memory. My Uncle is a true mountain man. He used to live alone up in a cabin that he had to hike to. No roads in or out. I have placed him very small in the bottom right of the painting to emphasize the vastness of the mountains and trees. By the way, he lives in Northern Idaho now and is married. Smile.
In the sky I found horse shapes appearing, so you know me, I had to go with it! The clouds are now alive with horses! That was just because when I lived in the mountains I got to ride horses with my friends. We rode everywhere bareback. All of my friends had horses, so we would get large groups and go on all day rides up to the lookout tower in the Swede range or up on Treasure Mountain (Libby, Montana). What fun that was!


Click here to see my gallery pages!

Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created. 


Click here to see what others say about my work!


No comments: