Monday, January 21, 2008

At G-36, Plein Air painting

"At G-36"
8 x 10 inches
Acrylic on hardboard
ready to frame
$650.00

Haven't been out on location in quite a while. I know there is probably a neat name for this area of the levee, but the sign just says G-36. The lock in this area is still closed, the lake is still too low. The canals and creeks are filling up, but not the lake.
It was too windy today so I only did one painting, then I packed up. At one point the painting actually blew off of the easel and onto the palette! No harm done, it missed the blobs of paint, just scratched it a little and I touched it up.
This is a palette knife painting, lots of thick paint and lovely texture.

Enjoy!


Click here to see my gallery pages!

Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created. 


Click here to see what others say about my work! 

No comments: