Friday, January 04, 2008

Sweet Dreams, Surrealism, Spiritual Art

"Sweet Dreams"
24 x 24 inches
Oil on canvas
Not Available

This is a painting I did back in 1995. I was in my early thirties then. I had always struggled with nightmares most of my life. They were usually about the abuse I endured in my childhood. As I went through more counseling, I began to ask Jesus to heal my sleep. This was the first of many good dreams. It smelled wonderful. The wind was gentle and it was blowing the fragrance of the flower all around me. The path was moving with the petals, making it hard to move forward. It lead toward heaven in the center. I woke up feeling refreshed and at peace. I have had very few nightmares since then. I can even sleep soundly through most things now!
check out a poem I wrote with this painting.

Click here to see my gallery pages!

Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created. 


Click here to see what others say about my work!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I ABSOLUTELY!! LOVE THIS PAINTING!!! Breathtaking!!! So happy you're at peace and getting rest!

Anonymous said...

Hi there,
I wanted to ask you permission to use this image in a brochure - I'm starting a non-profit business in Bangkok. This is the idea - i am excellent at baking cheesecakes, so I am going to sell my cheesecakes and all profits will go to my favourite children's charity in Bangkok. There are so many kids in need here, and a lot of wealthy people with way more money than time, so i thought i would do this as a kind of 'community service' effort. And i'm calling my little endeavor "Sweet Dreams"!
Anyway, if it's OK with you, please let me know.
thanks!
Brenda

Fawn McNeill Barr said...

Dear Brenda,
please send me your email as I do have a request if you use my work.
thanks!