Saturday, May 19, 2007

Cool Down, Horse, impressionism, Daily Painting


"Cool Down"
9 x12 inches
Acrylic on hardboard


I have worked on this painting a little every day this week. I have had so many interruptions that I wasn't sure I would ever finish it! I got up early this morning and stole a couple of hours!

I was studying the effects of the light and of the wind. I kept trying to show both. Florida gets miserably hot, and then the wind picks up and the rain clouds roll in. The animals head to the barn. But just before the sun hides behind the clouds there is a wonderful array of contrast on everything. That is what I was trying for, but I didn't capture it until this morning.

Enjoy!


Email me at: Fawn@fawnsartstudio.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created. 









No comments: