Saturday, May 26, 2007

Over the Dike Too, Impressionistic Daily Painting

Over the Dike, Too
9 x 12 inches
Acrylic on Watercolor Paper
(ready to frame)



I am still amazed at the low water levels of our very large lake. Lake Okeechobee is the second largest fresh water lake in the US. But now it doesn't look like much. Mud, sand and new lime-green grass everywhere. All of the bright green areas used to be under water. I am fascinated by the brilliant colors. (Click here for a comparison of this same area back in November of 2006.)


I have been doing some of my paintings on watercolor paper. I love the overall texture, but I haven't gotten used to the wavy bumps. I'll go back and straighten up the horizon line on this one.



1 comment:

Lori McNamara said...

Beautiful painting Fawn, its so cool to see the differences in the water levels.