Saturday, September 26, 2020

Morning Treasures, seashore, mixed media beach with shells




 "Morning Treasures"

This painting went through several stages. It started as a simple painting of a sandy shore with no texture. Then it became a knife painting with some texture.  I still wasn't satisfied.  It seemed to need more waves and more impasto type of texture.  

I used gel medium to build up areas of the sand and make the waves  raised up off of the canvas.  I liked it much better, but then I decided to add clear beads in the water for extra sparkle and real seashells on the shore for more interest.  Finally I added tiny details and stronger shadows.  

This was originally a gallery wrap canvas with deep sides, so the sides are painted.  I usually don't frame a gallery wrap because I want the painted sides to show, but this one turned out to be way too cool, so I added that extra protection that a frame gives.  I decided to put it in a floater frame.  This type of frame is harder to build and can be quite expensive.  The frame doesn't touch the sides of the painting and it literally looks like it is floating in the frame!

10 x 10 inches (plus frame)
Mixed Media
Framed (see below)
$375.00 plus shipping  



Email me: fawn@fawnsartstudio.com  for availability 


Thanks for stopping by!



No comments: