Monday, December 24, 2007

Wedding Roses, Merry Christmas!

"Wedding Roses"
5 x 7 inches
(ready to frame)
Acrylic on hardboard
I wanted to paint this from life, but my corsage fell apart when I got home from my son's wedding. I wore a royal blue dress, so I used that color for the background. I put the roses in a bowl of water, and I painted them and rearranged them to resemble my corsage. The bridesmaids had on burgundy and the bride's mother had on silver, so I decided to wear blue and not step on anyone else's colors! Smile. Everyone else had red roses. The Church was all decorated for Christmas, so it was very lovely.


Email me at: fawn@fawnsartstudio.com for availability 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful rose painting.

Fawn McNeill Barr said...

Thank you! I wanted it to feel like a fairy tail.