Thursday, May 15, 2008

Libby Creek


"Libby Creek"
6 x 8 inches
Acrylic on Watercolor Paper

NOT AVAILABLE

This little painting is from a recent lesson I taught. It reminded me of Libby Creek in Montana. The water gets low in the fall, but during the summer, when I was 12 years old, my friends and I would float the creek on inner tubes, except the real shallow areas, then we had to get out and walk a ways or try to bounce along on the rocks! We would cry out "Bottoms up!!!"

The part I liked best was coming around a fast bend into deeper water. We tried bumping into each other because sometimes you could knock a person off of their tube! The water is ice cold, so it was funny to see them scramble in a hurry to get back on their tube. All of us had our share of getting dunked!

Thanks for looking!


Click here for more original art and to see my gallery pages!

Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created. 

Click here for customer feed-back to see what others say about my work!

No comments: