Saturday, August 09, 2008

Great Bear Wilderness, Montana winter

"Great Bear Wilderness"
8 x 10 inches
Acrylic on hardboard
ready to frame

This monochrome study is the first of a blue series I have started. I did it alla prima, or all at once. I used one hue of blue, Phthalo Blue, along with black and white to create the many changes in values. It gives the painting unity and balance.
I used a photo that my sister-in-law (Annette) took. Her and my brother go out snowcatting and skiing often.
Sure is good to think about the cold weather when it is 98 degrees and 100% humidity! Florida is just miserable in July and August! But that's the price to have nice weather the rest of the year!
Enjoy!

Click here for more original art and to see my gallery pages!

Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created. 

Click here for customer feed-back to see what others say about my work!


No comments: