Friday, August 01, 2008

Green 1, first in a series of green paintings

"Green Leaves"
8 x 8 inches
Acrylic on gallery wrap canvas
$450.00
Sides are painted  framing is optional

This is the first of a series I am doing on using a limited palette. It is part of our daily painters challenge and tribute this month. See yesterdays post for the tribute. I am starting with green to tie in with conservation and still do studies on color.
This is a monochrome. I only used one color of green and then used black for shades of green and white for tints of green. The emphasis becomes the value changes instead of colors, which makes it harder to bring out the brightness of the leaves.
The lilies leaves had such an interesting twist to them, I wanted to use that repitition to make the composition stronger. I added depth by using more black on the leaves that I wanted to recede. I may tweek this one still a little, but over all I like the way it turned out.
Thanks for looking!

Click here for more original art and to see my gallery pages!

Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created. 

Click here for customer feed-back to see what others say about my work!

No comments: