Monday, August 11, 2008

King of the Hill, winter sunset, compliment to blue

"King of the Hill"
8 x 10 inches
Acrylic on hardboard
ready to frame
$450.00

This is the third limited palette in the blue series. I only used Ultramarine Blue, Orange (compliment to blue), and White. The white and orange make a nice peach glow, and the light blues set it off. No black this time, because compliments can be mixed together to get a blackish color. For grays I added white. It is amazing the amount of hues created just by mixing varying amounts of each color.
Enjoy!


Click here for more original art and to see my gallery pages!


Email me at: fmcneillbarr@gmail.com for availability and/or information about having your own custom painting created. 

Click here for customer feed-back to see what others say about my work!

No comments: